Reusable Food/ Container Beeswax Wraps
These Beeswax Wraps are made with 100% cotton fabric, local beeswax, jojoba oil, and pine rosin. Beeswax wraps are basically a type of reusable food wrap and a great replacement for wasteful plastic wrap. They make fantastic bowl covers – just mold the wrap around the top of the bowl and hold down for a few seconds for your hands to warm up the wax to help mold to the bowl. Beeswax wraps are also used to wrap up food like sandwiches, cheese, fruits or nuts. Wraps are not recommended for raw meats.
- This set comes with one of each size, (8"X8", 11"X11", 14"X14")
- Made with 100% Cotton Fabric, Local Bees wax, jojoba oil, and pine rosin.
- Not to be washed or used with anything hot, the wax will melt off and onto whatever it touches.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR WRAPS?
To clean your wraps, use cool water and dish detergent when needed. Warm or hot water will melt the wax. DO NOT PUT IN THE MICROWAVE, DISHWASHER, OR USE IN THE OVEN. Avoid direct sunlight
Also, if there is a crack on the wrap, it can easily be refreshed by placing them on baking paper and putting them in direct sunlight for half an hour up to 1 hour.
HOW LONG DOES BEESWAX WRAP LAST?
Beeswax Wrap lasts for up to 6 months to a year with proper care and regular usage.
DOES BEESWAX WRAP HAVE A SCENT?
Yes. When you first open your package of Beeswax Wrap you will smell the beeswax. The scent will fade after the first few uses and wash until you can no longer detect it.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT SIZES?
- Small: 8” X 8” Wrap half of a lemon, the end of a cucumber, half of an onion (Beeswax Wrap won’t hold the smell), half of an avocado, a small bowl, carrot sticks or other snack items.
- Medium: 11” X 11" Cover a bowl, half of a sandwich, baked good, cheese, or half of cabbage or cantaloupe.
- Large: 14” X 14” Cover a large bowl, pie dish, celery, cheese, sandwich, or half of a watermelon.
---Why we use jojoba oil, It helps keep the coating soft and supple and it's a natural antibacterial oil that is also food safe.
---Why Bees Wax, The beeswax makes the wraps airtight and helps lock in moisture.
---Why Pine Rosin, It helps the wrap to cling better.
* Fabric and Measurements vary because everything is handmade