Easy Earth-Friendly Hair Care
If there’s one misconception about living low waste that we want to blow out of the water, it’s this: you don’t need to give up on looking/smelling/feeling good! Your hair doesn’t need to suffer a bland routine in favor of protecting the earth, so forget martyring your strands and find an environment-friendly line-up instead.
CLEANSE + CONDITION
You’ve probably caught on to this, but we are on a mission to find package-free product replacements for every area of our lives. Luckily, our simple bulk shampoo and conditioner are ultra nourishing and packed with the goodness that your hair craves -- like aloe, wheat protein, and B5 for extra strength -- while neglecting to use pesky plastic packaging. Bring your own bottle or buy one of our pump-top bottles in store. Bonus: these sulfate-free formulas are color safe!
If you’re looking for something a little more moisturizing for dry or curly hair types, our conditioner bar is rich with cocoa butter and jojoba to add moisture and shine without weighing down. Begin your routine with one of our incredible scented shampoo bars for a full aromatherapy experience that washes away grime and build-up without stripping. Each bar is suited to different hair types and needs, so check out the full list to find your perfect match.
HOMEMADE HAIR MASK
Before you pop in the shower, take fifteen minutes to pamper yourself with this dreamy hair mask that hydrates your scalp, heals dry patches, and stimulates hair growth. Five minutes to mix and ten minutes to let it soak is all it takes to emerge from the shower with lusciously revived locks. This mask is particularly beneficial for colored or heat damaged hair that needs some extra love.
2 tbsp. solid/cold coconut oil
1 tbsp. argan oil
Rosemary Essential Oil
- Combine coconut and argan oils and mix until the coconut oil has begun to emulsify and the mixture takes on a creamy consistency.
- Add in 3 drops of rosemary essential oil, stir.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp. Take a few deep breaths while you massage the mask into your scalp, working your way down your head and down to the ends of your hair, coating thoroughly.
- If there are clumps, work a comb through your hair to evenly distribute the mask.
- Pull hair into a bun or ponytail and allow the mask to sit and soak for 15 minutes or overnight for maximum moisture and healing.
- Thoroughly wash out with shampoo (this may take a few rounds) and follow with conditioner.
What other DIY recipes are you hoping to try? Any other bulk goods that you would like to see on our shelves? Join us on Instagram and let us know what’s on your mind! In the meantime, enjoy your shiny, earth friendly hair.
Leave a comment